SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

Darknight

Darknight - Christine Pope WARNING: Sexual content, Mature Readers (17+)

Reward--patience pays off! "Darknight" by Christine Pope lived up to being a paranormal romance complete with action.

I enjoyed the second installment of The Witches of Cleopatra Hill series. Pope interrupted Angela McAllister's picture-perfect world with a kidnapping and a reveal of the man of her dreams.

Once again, Pope delivers a well-written tale with an interesting plot. The characters are well-developed especially the antagonist. Readers are rewarded with a glimpse into what makes Damon Wilcox tick. He's a worthy villain who is despicable and even admirable (to a point).

In "Darknight", readers learn just how deep the hatred is between the McAllister and Wilcox clans. Prejudice is never fair and Pope proves it. There are family members amongst the Wilcoxes who are kind and undeserving of the preconceived ideas of the McAllister clan. Unfortunately, the dark presence of Damon Wilcox prevails and no one is immune.

In the first book, Angela and Connor were comparable to Romeo and Juliet. Well, as in Shakespeare's play, death visits the 'clan-crossed' lovers. Nice to know that the world isn't perfect for witches.

Although I didn't fully appreciate the long prologue of Book One, without it Darknight would not have made sense.

I highly recommend "Darknight". There's action, drama, romance and solid writing. Yes, I did buy the next book in the series. I'm eager to find out if there's a happily ever after in this dark romance.