SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

Destroy Me

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi I enjoyed this novella!

It was great learning more about what made the character of Warner 'tick'. I pitied him and appreciated him at the same time. Mafi gave us another layer to his personality. We now know why he identifies so much with Juliette.

Mafi resorts to a more traditional style of writing since this book is from Warner's point of view. She only breaks into the unorthodox when interjecting excerpts from Juliette's journal.

"Destroy Me" kept this series interesting! It's not necessary to read this novella, but, it definitely helps define some things.