SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

Sympathetic Magic

Sympathetic Magic - Christine Pope I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

WARNING: Sexual content, Mature Readers (17+)

***SPOILER ALERT***

My Thoughts:

I loved this "A Witches of Cleopatra Hill" novella! Readers have gotten used to authors putting out prequels basically detailing backstory for prominent characters. Pope provided an actual sequel that follows up on the lives of the devastatingly handsome Lucas Wilcox and the uptight elder, Margot Emory.

Hopefully, you have read the previous three books. If you haven't, stop and pick them up. You need those details in order to appreciate "Sympathetic Magic".

I appreciated how Pope intertwined the story of Angela and Connor in this book. It's just enough detail to let readers know that the babies haven't been born yet. But, thanks to their marriage, other clan members, both Wilcox and McAllister, are exploring their romantic options.

"Sympathetic Magic" is more paranormal romance than the previous books in the series. The other books had a plot that wasn't centered on a love interest. The plot for "Sympathetic Magic" is all about the romance between Lucas and Margot. It's enjoyable, well-written and not as predictable as it could be.

The only thing I disliked about this novella? It ended too soon. I want to be a fly at the nuptials!