SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

Misery Loves Angels Too

Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick

Everything isn’t as it seems in Coldwater. That cute boy isn’t a boy at all. He’s a fallen angel turned guardian angel. And, the boy you knew as a little kid isn’t human. He’s Nephili. And, little Nora Grey’s life is a lot more complicated.

Becca Fitzpatrick’s Crescendo is a page turner. We’re still learning about the Book of Enoch and the Nephilium. In this installment, we learn that there is a pending conflict between the fallen angels and the Nephilium. And, there is also a conflict between Nora and Patch.

Hope would have summed up Book One in this series. Misery is the one word summation for CrescendoCircumstances leave Nora and Patch miserable. A new character, Scott Parnell, is a tortured individual. You start out not liking him only to feel pity for him by the end of the story.

A crescendo is a steady increase in force or intensity. The crescendo in this installment is a shocker involving Marcie Millar, Nora’s enemy, and her dad.

Fitzpatrick adds suspense to the story of Nora and Patch. If you’re looking for a happily ever after, you’ll have to keep reading. Those types of endings are seldom found in the dark.

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/misery-loves-angels-too-a-review-of-becca-fitzpatricks-crescendo