SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

Nerd Girl Turned Heroine: A Review of Becca Fitzpatrick's "Silence"

Silence - Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick was so much better than the first books in the Hush, Hush saga. The plot was more involved, there was more action and the characters were more developed.

The main character, Nora Grey, thankfully has amnesia. Now, she's stronger and more determined. She wants answers and is willing to do whatever it takes to get them. Patch/Jev has picked up another dimension to his character as well. It's amazing what a certain emotion will do for an angel.

Fitzpatrick explores an unlikely alliance in this installment. Marcie Millar, Nora's archenemy, is ready to team up with Nora. They have a common foe. Each girl has her own reasons for wanting the foe out of the picture. But, even their reasons have a common thread--a lie.

Silence gives us more information about the dreaded antagonist, Hank Millar. The man has no redeemable qualities. He's not above using anything or anybody to accomplish his goal. He's ruthless and truly evil. The perfect antagonist.

I love how Fitzpatrick developed Nora. She has the potential for evil, check her DNA, but she has too much heart. She cares for those she loves. And, much like Hank, she's ready to do whatever she needs to do to protect them.

The only question I had in this installment: What happened to Nora's ring? She gave the ring to Patch in Book Two. He had an inscription added to the inside of it, and returned it to her. No mention was made in Silence. Maybe it will show up in the last book in the saga?

Source: http://Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick was so much better than the first books in the Hush, Hush saga. The plot was more involved, there was more action and the characters were more developed. The main character, Nora Grey, thankfully has amnesia. Now, she'