SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

An Angel Gets His Wish

Finale - Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale was a thrilling conclusion to Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush Hush saga. It was intriguing with action and great twists.

I was not a fan of Nora Grey’s when I started this series. I found her irritating and wishy-washy. With each installment my opinion improved. In Fitzpatrick’s last installment, Nora matured and became a strong protagonist with firm beliefs. She became more open-minded and accepting. She grew into the leader she needed to be.

I loved Patch from the first book. He was mysterious with a dark past that could easily be overlooked. By the last book, I could forgive his wrongdoings. Loving Nora made him a better angel.

Even Scott and Vee were characters that grew on me. Fitzpatrick did a great job developing all her characters. I was disappointed, though, in the choice of villain in Finale. I really wanted him to be a good guy.

The last installment had plenty of surprises–villains, alliances and secrets. The alliances, for me, were the best surprises. Marcie and Nora were forced together. If circumstances had been different for them, I think they would have made great friends.

There were plenty of secrets in Finale. Everyone had one–Nora, Patch, Marcie, Vee. All the secrecy kept the plot moving along and me turning pages. I finished this book in a day and a half.

Thankfully, there is a Happily Ever After in this tale. The Epilogue really tied up all the lose ends for me except for one. What happened to the ring Patch had inscribed ‘Nora and Jev’?

Overall, Fitzpatrick did a fabulous job of showing that the biggest evil in the world is the greed. The reckless, greedy pursuit of ultimate power can derail a person, or an angel, from more heavenly endeavors.

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/an-angel-gets-his-wish-a-review-of-becca-fitzpatricks-finale