SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

An Emotional Love Story

Consolation - Corinne Michaels

I was an emotional basket case after reading Corinne Michaels’ "Consolation". This was a well-written story of a Navy SEAL wife.

First, I loved the characters in "Consolation". Natalie touched my heart from page one. I felt her pain. I wanted to tell her not to open the door. I rode her emotional roller coaster through the first chapters. And, who wouldn’t love Liam. He is the gorgeous SEAL in Natalie’s life. He’s a good man with only good intentions. He doesn’t even mind being around a small child. Swoon!

Michaels’ story is very well-crafted. It was the first book I’d ever read by her. I was so caught up in it. I read "Consolation" in one day. Thankfully, I didn’t have book two handy. I needed to take a deep sigh after reading Natalie and Liam’s story. It’s a great love story with a major cliffhanger.

I loved this book. The few sexual scenes were not gratuitous. They were well-written. I swear I heard a soundtrack playing in the background for a few of them.

If you enjoy a good romance with a military slant, pick up a copy of "Consolation". The sequel to this story comes out May 27th. You can pre-order "Conviction" on Amazon.

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/an-emotional-love-story-a-review-of-corinne-michaels-consolation