SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

A Sexy Muffin

Beloved - Corinne Michaels

Let me just start by saying, I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I’d read it again!

Recently, I read Corinne Michaels’ Consolation and I was told I needed to go back to the beginning. So, that’s what I did. And, I’m so glad I made that decision. I just love the characters Michaels created especially Jackson “Muffin” Cole! He’s deliciously yummy. He’s the good guy women dream of. I appreciated Catherine’s character. She’s been through so much, but she doesn’t recognize that she’s had a hand in many of her personal woes. Outside of Jackson, my favorite female had to be Ashton, Cat’s roommate. She’s smart and blunt. She doesn’t mince words and will give Cat the kick in her pants she needs…a lot.

I read Michaels’ bio and learned she is the wife of a former SEAL. The details she puts in her writing is evidence of her background. She does a wonderful job of detailing the SEAL experience. I got a new appreciation for what the sailors (not soldiers) and their families go through. Thank you Michaels for that little perk. I’m now explaining to my husband that you can’t refer to all military as being soldiers.

Beloved is Jackson and Catherine’s story. It’s touching. It’s heartbreaking. It’s a moving tale that I couldn’t put down. The book is full of great quotes and some seriously funny one-liners.

Conviction, the final book in this series, comes out tomorrow. If you haven’t read Beloved, be sure to pick up a copy first. You will get a whole new appreciation for Jackson (he appears in Consolation and Conviction).

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/a-sexy-muffin-a-review-of-corinne-michaels-beloved