SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

A Messed Up Triangle

Conviction - Corinne Michaels

Of late I’ve been trying to keep my review postings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But, this book was so good I couldn’t wait until Tuesday!

It’s official–Corinne Michaels writes tear-jerkers! Conviction had me reaching for a tissue box. I held my breath, I laughed, I cried, I even smiled. The story of Natalie and the two men who love her is filled with turmoil and heartache. Once again Michaels delivered palpable emotions from Natalie’s “surprise” at the door to Liam’s tragic goodbye to a loved one. If these moments don’t make you weepy, you must not be human.

The characters in Conviction had such depth. I really wonder if they were not fictionalized representations of people in the author’s life. Of course, Liam is the ultimate book boyfriend. He’s always putting everyone else before himself. He fell so deep in love with Natalie the poor boy nearly lost his mind. And, Natalie became so much stronger in this installment. Her good friend Reanell, everyone should have her in their lives, recognized this strength and helped Nat embrace it. Although Aaron made bad decisions, he wasn’t a bad guy. I actually understand his point of view. He was completely unaware of what happened state side. To him, he was merely MIA therefore nothing had changed in his mind. Nat was his life force. Doesn’t every military person deployed need one?

I can’t stop complimenting Michaels on the books in the Salvation series. They are heartwarming, thought provoking and just plain well-written. Conviction has its humorous moments too. The epilogue had me laughing out loud (good thing my hubby wasn’t home). Michaels can work a description. I got great visuals on everything she put on a page.

You have to read this series–yes, the whole series! If you don’t, it would be like starting The Great Gatsby on page 100. You just wouldn’t do it. So, go out and pick up Beloved, Beholden AND Consolation. You won’t be sorry.

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/2015/05/29/a-messed-up-triangle-a-review-of-corinne-michaels-conviction