SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

A Roller Coaster Ride

Beholden (The Belonging Duet #2) (Volume 2) - Corinne Michaels

Corinne Michaels’ Beholden was an emotional roller coaster. But, oh, what a wonderful ride!

Once again Michaels wrote a book with palpable emotions. I felt both Catherine’s and Jackson’s pain. At times I wanted to beat the crap out of them. I’d never read a book where I had to stop reading because it was too painful. That’s just how real Catherine’s heartache felt.

Michaels uncovers more about what makes Catherine and Jackson tick. These characters have been broken by life. They need…no, require each other to become whole again. Their romance is the stuff of movies.

Beholden was a tear jerker and a page turner. I read this one in a day and a half because I was racing to find out how this story would end. Well, I wasn’t disappointed.

Thank you Corinne Michaels for such a well-written romance story. Not only did you give us a great couple of characters, but you gave this reader some insight into the life of a military family.

Beholden is the conclusion of Catherine’s and Jackson’s story. You need to read their story to appreciate what happens with Natalie and Aaron Gilcher (Consolation and Conviction).

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/a-roller-coaster-ride-a-review-of-corinne-michaels-beholden