SFBenson

The WordSmithe

I love a good book! Young Adult, New Adult, Adult and nearly any genre. If it’s well-written, I’ll read it. And, I love to talk about what I’ve written.

I have a WIP–a new adult dystopian novel. I’m also exploring short fiction.

Find my reviews here, on Wordpress, on Tumblr, on Facebook (The Word Smithe), Goodreads.com, and Amazon.

If you’re an author and you’d like me to review your book, just drop me a line. I’ll be happy to read an ARC. I always give an honest review. And, even if I didn’t particularly go crazy for your story, I will stay positive. I believe something redeeming can be found in nearly every book.

The Power of Touch

Apartment 2B - K.  Webster

I received an ARC from the author in exchange for an honest book review.
***Mature Audience: 18+ Only Due to Sexual Content and Language.***

A truly touching love story!

I really enjoyed K. Webster’s “Apartment 2B”. I found it to be a well-written tale about a young woman’s awakening. After years of abuse she learned to love herself and others.

The characters were well-developed. I especially loved the main character, Sydney. She was amazingly strong for someone who had become numb. With the love of a good man, she overcomes so much. I was so grateful for the character of Lane. She truly needed him in her life.

“Apartment 2B” isn’t just your average romance novel. It deals with mental illness as well. Webster did an impressive job delivering a character who could have been the poster child for insanity. Although it wasn’t divulged in the book, I suspect Momma had issues with Sydney because she looked so much like her father. Momma wanted to punish the man for leaving her. Sydney became her substitute. If it hadn’t been for Liam and Lane, Sydney would have been locked away within herself–a true victim of mental illness.

“Apartment 2B” was my first read from K. Webster. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more by her.

Source: http://thewordsmithe.wordpress.com/?p=348&preview=true&preview_id=348